Friday, October 8, 2010

Are you sure it's not all about me?

I have to be honest. I NEED down time with my hubby. I NEED to be the only thing that matters in his world occasionally. I NEED to feel loved, no matter what. I NEED to feel like he thinks I'm beautiful. I NEED, I NEED, I NEED! Some of this is understandable. God created me to need the things I need. He knows I need the fairy tale. He knows better than anyone. But, do I actually NEED these things. I may be in a bad mood if things don't go the way I want them to, but my life doesn't really change.

What does change my life?

Filling those needs with God. I can have that time, just a quiet conversation, all I have to do is turn off the TV, put down the phone and shut the laptop. I can always feel loved, I just remember what He has done for me, the sacrifices He has made. He loves me unconditionally. I know I am beautiful to him, He created me in his image. He "thinks I am to die for" as I saw on a shirt recently. These things bring me peace and calm, they bring me closer to God. These things allow me to be more of the person God created me to be. These things change my life!

Do I really think I am so important? Am I really that busy? Is it really this simple?

My prayer today is to be aware. God, please make me conscious of the time I have to spend with you every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment