Sunday, November 14, 2010

RELAX!!!!

Luke 12:29  The Message
What I'm trying to do here is get you to relax, not to be so preoccupied with getting so you can respond to God's giving.

This was part of the message today. It still has me bumfuzzled. See, I DON'T relax very well. There is just too much to do. Surely you understand, there is landry to do, meals to cook, dishes to do. I have to work and I have a family, we have small group, we have friends (yes, I have friends) and my sweet hubby and I try to find time to spend together, usually Friday night is date night. I have to find time to exercise and time to catch up with everyone on facebook, of course!

On top of all of this, I am an organizer, so not only do I have to do all of these things, I have to GET READY to do all of these things. You know, I have to sort the laundry, make my meal plan, wash the dishes so they can be sanitized in the dishwasher. I have to spend at least 30 minutes every night getting "ready" for work the next day. If I can't organize, I guarantee, I can make a list about it! I live by my lists, notes and reminders on my phone.

So, exactly how do I relax when there is so much I need to do.

The problem with blogging, 'I' is always capitalized, so "I" don't know how to emphasize that "I" am realizing that "I" am depending on myself to get all these things done and actually, "I" am not even sure these things are all necessary. 'I' am working my tail off trying to be as close to perfect as 'I' could possibly be and 'I' am failing miserably!

So I read Luke 12:21-30, I have to admit, it is a toughy. I am generally pretty hard on myself. I don't usually like what I see in the mirror, I have a bad case of the "if only's". You know, "if only" I could lose 30-40 more pounds, "if only" I were taller, "if only" I wasn't looking so old, "if only" my eyes were more blue, "if only" I had beautiful. straight hair. I could go on and on, I think alot of us could.

I see in verse 24 about the ravens, which are ugly, nastly birds actually, but they are "carefree in the care of God". Then, in verse 27-28, I read about the wildflowers, most never even seen, but are all so beautiful even though they don't fuss over their appearance. God will attend to me, take pride in me and do his best for me.

It all sounds so simple but my brain is already going, BUT......

So, in verse 31, it becomes more clear. "Steep yourself in God-reality, God-initiative, God-provisions. You'll find all your everyday human concerns will be met".

Not only my needs but my human concerns. I will have to think about this one. My human concerns, does God understand how my brain works? Is He sure he wants to handle all my 'human concerns'? This is one of those things that will keep me up at night. Trying to figure this all out. See, this is how my brain works, I have to try to figure it out and totally understand it. In the end, I know I will simply throw my hands in the air and say to God, "the only thing I can do is assume you know what you are doing". He will then have me exactly where He wants me, totally trusting Him.

Today, I pray that it will not take me long to get to the point I just trust God to attend to me, take pride in me and do His best for me. I pray I stop playing the "if only" game and know that, even though I am not a size 3, God sees me as beautiful. I pray that my "human concerns" are for my fellow humans and not just for myself. I pray that I can "be generous and give to the poor". This is when I feel the presence of God most in my life, I think this may just be what God has called me to do, help make a difference for those less fortunate. Thank you God for that blessing! Today I pray I can relax and respnd to God's giving!

No comments:

Post a Comment