Tuesday, November 2, 2010

I came across this verse the other night and it just won't leave me alone.

Psalm 119: 174 - 176    The Message

I'm homesick God, for your salvation. I love it when you show yourself. Invigorate my soul so I can praise you well. Use your decrees to put iron in my soul. And, should I wonder off, like a lost sheep - seek me! I'll recognize the sound of your voice. A pilgrim song.

I love when I open my bible and something speaks to me so loudly. The writer of this psalm must have been thinking about me, must have known me personally. This is ME!

Some days, I am so very homesick for God's salvation and when I slow down enough and can manage to be quiet, I do so love it when God shows himself. He takes me by surprise so often and I can't sing his praises loud enough. He knows just when I need encouragement. He also knows when I am wondering, when I am not listening, when I am being a disobedient child. Then he calls my name, he gets my attention and yes, I do recognize the sound of his voice. Then I remember He only wants what is best for me, He has a plan for me and wants me to get back on track.

I love when I actually realize that God does not need me but He loves me and yearns for me. Loves me unconditionally and just wants me to be His!

God, I am yours and I am so thankful that you waited for me, that you sought me when I was that sheep that was so terribly lost! I love the sound of your voice and I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment